At Col Solare, we promote and strongly believe in a culture of balance and moderation. As wine industry leaders, we are deeply committed to educating about safe and responsible drinking. We’re also focused on promoting our products in an appropriate light.
The definition of moderation is unique to every individual. Legal-age consumers should consider the USDA-HHS 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans or even talk with a personal physician.
Col Solare communicates with legal-age consumers in several ways:
- Direct-to-consumer newsletters and e-mails
- Digital marketing vehicles including branded websites and branded social platforms
- Point-of-sale materials in retail and restaurant outlets
- Print and digital advertising
- Winery and tasting room locations
- Hosted and third-party events
Col Solare designs consumer communications to connect with adults of legal drinking age. As a member of the Wine Institute, we subscribe to the Wine Institute's Code of Advertising Standards, the highest industry benchmark for advertising depicting responsible consumption of wine.
The code includes restrictions against advertising that:
- Depicts consumption with operating any motor vehicle;
- Is in media with a substantial underage audience;
- Suggests that wine consumption directly contributes to success or achievement;
- Has particular appeal to individuals below the legal drinking age;
- Is degrading or exploitative;
- Is directed at pregnant women; and
- Is associated with violence or abusive relationships.
Col Solare also follows the Wine Institute’s Digital Marketing Guidelines governing the promotion of wine in digital media. Here are the basic principles:
Digital marketing communications…
- are intended for adults of legal purchase age
- should not be placed in media with a substantial underage audience
- on a site or web page controlled by the brand advertiser that involve direct interaction with a user should require age affirmation by the user prior to full user engagement to determine that the user is of legal purchase age.
- that are intended to be forwarded by users should include instructions to individuals downloading the content that they should not forward these materials to individuals below the legal purchase age.
- on sites controlled by the brand advertiser must respect user privacy.
- and product promotions must be transparent as brand marketing by being identified as such.
- User-generated content on a site or web page controlled by the brand advertiser should be monitored on a regular basis.
We believe our products should be enjoyed responsibly by adults of legal drinking age. Each facet of our direct-to-consumer business, whether in our tasting rooms, direct shipments or online, follows an established age-verification protocol.
Responsibility begins with education. At Col Solare, we educate our employees about how to responsibly promote our products. We give all employees, from shipping to cellar staff, the necessary tools to be responsible members of our industry. We train our sales force how to comply with state and local standards and obligations governing the industry. We train all employees how to properly serve and present our wines to adult consumers at events and tasting.